2. How Maroo protects your information2.1. Safety policies
Maroo stores and processes your information maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We maintain physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems and use safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees or agents who require it to fulfill the responsibilities of their jobs.3. How Maroo uses your information3.1. To improve our service
Maroo uses information to perform and improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for clients. For example, we may use information to provide customer service and support, process transactions, resolve disputes, collect payments, prevent illegal activities, customize the Services, reduce risk to all parties involved in our transactions, and verify the accuracy of information.3.2. To serve relevant marketing to you
We may use information to deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, content, and advertising.4. How Maroo shares your information.4.1. For our everyday business purposes
We will share your information with any party when required by law or by a government request to do so or to combat fraud or criminal activity.4.3. With our merchant partners to provide personalized offers
We may share your information with merchants you interact with using Maroo for marketing, if you consent or as permitted by law. For accounts created on or after 11/30/17: By creating a Maroo account, you consent to Maroo sharing your information with merchants you use the Maroo Services with, for those merchants to market to you. We do this to help merchants personalize services and offers, so you can have a better experience. You're able to revoke your consent at any time by following the steps below. If you choose to do so, we will stop sharing your information with merchants from that point onward, except as necessary to complete transactions you initiate. To revoke your consent to information sharing with merchants for marketing, you can log into your Maroo account at www.maroo.us/u/
and edit your Personalized Services preferences.5. What are your options?5.1 Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive notifications about our Services, you may change your notification preferences by emailing email@example.com
. Alternatively, you may be able to indicate your preference by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences or by following the directions provided with the communication. Maroo reserves the right to close or limit access to your account should you opt out of the crucial notices that are required to perform the Maroo Service. You are still responsible for any amounts due to Maroo even if we close or limit access to your account.5.2 SMS messaging
You can opt out of receiving SMS messages by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. Alternatively, you may be able to indicate your preference by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences or by following the directions provided with the communication. Again, Maroo reserves the right to close or limit access to your account should you opt out of the crucial notices that are required to perform the Maroo Service. You are still responsible for any amounts due to Maroo even if we close or limit access to your account.5.3 Access your information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account or by contacting us at email@example.com
You can also request to close your account if you do not have an active loan by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com
California Shine the Light: Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from Maroo regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for the other companies' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please click HERE
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
California Consumer Privacy Act: The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of "Personal Information," as well as the right to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines "Personal Information" to mean "information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household." Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (e.g., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.Right to notice at collection regarding the categories of personal information collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect payment information when you provide it to us, which may be your credit card number or a bank account, when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information to your account or set up a recurring transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions.
- We may collect your Social Security number or Driver's License number. We use this information to identify you, authenticate and collate information about you, prevent fraud, and conduct background checks or other screening activities.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use, and the effectiveness of, our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- Protected classifications: We collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors.
- Commercial information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
- Biometric information: We collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics. We use this information to verify your identity.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Geolocation data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on your device's IP address. When you use the Services for the first time, we may ask for your permission to collect your precise location (i.e., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We may collect your photographic or video image, or similar information. We use this information to monitor our customer service, maintain the security of our systems and physical locations, and train employees.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your current employer and your employment history. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities, and to promote our services to others.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell. In order to process your request to know/access your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information we may ask you to take additional steps to verify your request or identity.Verification procedures
In order to process your request to know about or delete personal information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Providing personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously, and
- Asking you to confirm your request using the email address or telephone account stated in the request.
If you have authorized someone else to make requests on your behalf, we will require that you provide notarized statements confirming the identity and authority of that person. Such notarized statements can be obtained by emailing email@example.comRight to know/access information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect our customers' Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to request deletion of information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. To protect our customers' Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to information regarding participation in data sharing for financial incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. We may run promotions from time to time wherein we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of information with us. Participation in these incentives is voluntary, and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.Right to opt out of sale of personal information to third parties
Though Maroo does not sell Personal Information to third parties, California law requires that we maintain a separate webpage that allows you to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information in the future, which can be accessed by visiting our "Do not sell my info
Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
You may submit a request to exercise your rights by visiting www.maroo.us/privacy
, where you can request and download specific pieces of information we have collected. By signing in to your account to submit the request, you will be able to automatically verify your identity, which will result in faster processing of your request.Authorized agent
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.7. Nevada residents7.1 Special information for Nevada residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. Maroo does not sell the Personal Information of its customers. However, if you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
.8. Contact Maroo8.1 Contact Maroo